- Concept and design: Working with MIBA's director, conceive of design direction and present unique cover options.
- Interior and layout: Using InDesign, create a practical, beautiful interior that reflects the cover design. Lay out book jackets and copy, ensuring the interior meets printer specs.
- Customization: Our stores customize the inside and outside cover, resulting in up to 80 unique files the designer must create and send to stores for approval, ensuring each file meets printer specs. Must be able to create/manage multiple unique versions for in-store, direct mail, and newspaper insert distribution.
- Work with printer: Work with our corporate printer to ensure all files are created to spec.
Desired skills: Impeccable design skills; thorough knowledge of Adobe creative suite; experience with catalog design exterior and interior; knowledge of direct mail is a big plus, as is experience working with a corporate printer.
- 24 pages
- 6 x 10.5 inches
- Contains roughly 100 titles and front/backmatter
- Project involves maintaining the main catalog interior as well as up to 80 unique files of stores' custom versions
- March – Present cover design
- April/May – Finalize cover design
- June – Work on the interior design
- July – Lay out the titles and copy
- August – Work with stores to customize
- September – Finalize files and work with the printer to approve
Browse previous catalogs
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, resume, and links to design samples to Carrie Obry at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain posted until it is filled. Hourly rate or flat fee will be negotiated.