Saturation mail is a fantastic option whether or not you'd like to use your own mailing list. At nearly HALF the cost of standard postage, we can help you saturate either 1) a certain quantity of customers in a radius outward from your store or 2) a targeted zip code or postal carrier route.
Here's an example. A local business wants to do a direct mail campaign to drive store traffic by sending out 5,000 promotional pieces.
Option 1 – Saturation mail
- They 1) choose the closest 5,000 deliveries around their store location OR 2) choose the zip codes and routes they know their customers are located in.
- Total Postage = $785.00 (based on letter rate of .157 cents per piece)
Option 2 - Standard direct mail
- Standard mailing – They choose to mail 5,000 of their customers on their store list.
- Total Postage = $1,415.00 (based on average std letter rate of .283 cents per piece)
Saturation mail generates 44.5% savings in postage! How? Saturation is efficient at the level of the post office, as carriers simply slip your mailing into their daily delivery and place them in every household on their route.
Bookseller's ordering options are listed on the catalog page of our website.
If you already do direct mail...
- Quad will overlay your data on top of saturation data for you to get the cheaper rate
- If you have customers in outlying areas or other states, Quad will pinpoint those addresses for the direct mail rate and deliver catalogs to just them at the higher direct mail rate
- The rates we're listing address the piece as "postal customer." If you have names on your list and would like your entire mailing to have names, you can elect that option for a few dollars more per 1,000
- The cost is $11/1,000 addresses for list acquisition and processing, plus $0.16 per piece for postage.
- Select one of our readymade packages, which include a quantity of customers, postage, catalogs, and customization. You're done.
- Us our a la carte options. Tell us the specific zip codes you're interested in reaching and Quad will generate a report of how many people live in that area. You'll select which routes/zip codes you'd like to mail to, and then order customization and catalogs separately.
Overall, it looks like saturation mailing could make a bookseller's holiday much merrier. As always, if you have questions, please contact us.