How? We're hosting a Spring Forum with ABA on March 16, 2016 in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN (exact location TBD). The first part of the day will be education for booksellers only; the second part of the day will be a social author event (est. 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm). We estimate 60 booksellers will be in attendance--owners, managers, and frontline booksellers.
The exact format is dependent on how many authors join us. If we have more than 10, we’d host a Moveable Feast style author/bookseller speed dating event. If fewer join us, we’ll give authors an opportunity to address the audience individually. Either way, we’ll wrap up the event with a book signing.
- Focus on spring/summer 2016 (release dates of March-August 2016). (A Midwest hook isn’t mandatory, but of course we are excited to host Midwest books and authors.)
- Placement: $200 per author for members; $300 for nonmembers (read our membership policy)
- Publishers need to supply 60-75 complimentary copies of the author’s book or galley
- Email your pitch and/or questions to Carrie Obry at email@example.com.
- A limited number of spots is available. Authors and titles will be selected based on the potential for success in the indie bookstore market.
Booksellers meeting authors in Minneapolis in 2014. See more pictures on Facebook.