Here's a few ideas of what to do with the tools below.
- Create an e-newsletter for your customers using our banner ads, letting them know the direct mail campaign will be landing soon; link to the ad-free URL as a preview, if you'd like
- Decorate the store. String some garland made from our Red & Lulu cutouts. Get some blurbs ready for the shelf-talkers. Pick up some cardinals, snow, evergreens, and and holly from a craft store to build a display based on the catalog theme
- Use the Edelweiss list to create an inventory management tool
- Put the banner ads on your website and link them to your e-commerce page or the ad-free PDF
- Use our social media graphics to build excitement online
- For stores sending the Shelf-powered e-newsletter, send a note to your customers letting them know it's on the way; the e-newsletter schedule is below
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to re-post our original catalog content
- Take pictures! Pictures of your displays are gold to us!
Catalog page for booksellers
Direct mail (which includes house lists and saturation) are scheduled to start shipping 10/28 with in-home delivery of 11/7 through 11/10
E-newsletter powered by Shelf Awareness
Many stores are participating in our new e-newsletter campaign powered by Shelf Awareness. We are releasing four issues of catalog titles with Shelf, with the titles spread evenly across all four. (Note: About 15 titles were sold as print-only ads and won't appear in the e-newsletters.)
- Issue 1: Wednesday, 11/14 (feature title is Red & Lulu, 9780763677336)
- Issue 2: Wednesday, 11/28 (feature title is Virgil Wander, 9780802128782)
- Issue 3: Wednesday, 12/5 (feature title is Narwhal and Jelly Book #1 and Puppet Set, 9780735265349)
- Issue 4: Wednesday, 12/12 (feature title is Born Criminal: Matilda Joslyn, Radical Suffragist, 9781941813188
Use THIS LINK to share an ad-free version of the catalog online
Custom tiny URL
Every store that placed a catalog order will receive a package of printed point-of-sale items to help decorate the store. You can preview the package here, and also print all of the items yourself. Estimated delivery of Nov 5.
Banner ads and social media graphics are available now for download. Check them out here.
E-Commerce Landing Page
IndieCommerce and IndieLite stores can link to the holiday catalog by appending this to their website URL: "/holiday/MIBA/holidaycatalog.html"
For example, if Common Good wants to link the catalog to their site, it would be
When customers click on the 'Buy this Book' button on the catalog, they will be taken to Common Good’s website to purchase the book.
The catalog contains a title that won't be found via customary distribution methods. We chose to work with this author because he is supporting independent business in every aspect of this book.
State of Craft Beer (978-0-692-86591-0)
Retails for $45; $30 wholesale
Matt Janzen is the creator and sole distributer. He accepts returns. There are no minimums, and he offers free shipping on orders of (5) or more.
Please contact him directly to place an order:
From Janzen: "The book is entirely produced in the Midwest — following through on my goal to highlight small businesses that contribute to the local economy. It is also not available on Amazon, which goes a step further to make good on that promise. This is the perfect gift for anyone who's even mildly curious about craft beer."