Publishers: Submit your books for Heartland Booksellers Award consideration
Books submitted for 2020 must have an on-sale date between 5/1/19 and 4/30/20
To support the titles germane to each of our regions, both MIBA and GLIBA are conducting separate submission processes with publishers, allowing books that have been popular in each of our regions to receive the attention they deserve. Please submit your titles as follows to each association for our booksellers’ consideration. We will celebrate the winners at a wonderful awards reception at the Heartland Fall Forum on October 14 in St. Louis, MO.
- A book's relationship to the Midwest may consist of either the content of the book, the author's hometown, or the author's current residence
- Books must be classifiable in one of five awarded genres: Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry, YA/Middle Grade, or Children's Picture Book
- Books submitted for the 2020 book awards must have an on-sale date between 5/1/19 and 4/30/20
- MIBA's Midwest Connections Picks and Midwest Title Alert titles are automatically submitted and do not require the $25 processing fee
- MIBA submissions: Submit books by authors from the following states or books with content that pertains specifically to these states: Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Please note: MIBA does not require a copy of the book. Completing the form is all that is required.
- GLIBA submissions: Submit books by authors from the following states or books with content that pertains specifically to these states: Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky
- Dual submissions: If the theme of your book is broadly Midwestern and pertains to both regions, we ask you to submit it to both associations
- The deadline to submit titles is 5/15/20.