BookLight Events: Thrills and Chills with Sourcebooks
BookLight Events! Created by Sourcebooks, moderated by Skylark Bookshop bookseller Mary O’Malley
This is a monthly virtual events series launching for March, April, and May (and possibly beyond!) that creates an opportunity for independent bookstores to provide virtual programming for their readers for little cost or effort on behalf of the bookstore.
The April event focuses on thrills and chills, bringing together bestselling authors Julie Clark and Carter Wilson, with host Mary O’Malley of Skylark Bookshop, speaking about the authors’ new and upcoming release The Lies I Tell and The New Neighbor on Tuesday, April 26 at 7 pm ET
How this works:
- Sourcebooks hosts a monthly virtual event with bestselling authors
- Bookstores that would like to partner with Sourcebooks for the event itself may do so as Tier 1 or Tier 2 stores, and can sign up via this Google form
- TIER 1: Share this event with your customers! Promote it on your website, newsletter, and social media, while Sourcebooks handles all the logistics. You are fully able to sell these authors' books through your own stores, but no purchase can be required for attendees.
- TIER 2 (the SWAG tier!): To become a full bookstore partner in this event, you must purchase 15 copies of the participating authors' books (any combination of either THE LIES I TELL or THE NEW NEIGHBOR) by April 1st from Sourcebooks. All participating bookstore partners will receive an event poster and signed bookplates for each author. Additional swag items will be included for each author/book. The number of swag items sent to each store will match the quantity purchased of each book.
- Event graphics are provided for bookstores to use in social media, newsletters, and website marketing efforts.