Promotional tools for industry partners
Capture the attention of indie booksellers throughout the Midwest
We offer a host of ways for publishers, wholesalers, distributors, and sales reps to broadcast titles and offers while building lasting relationships with our bookstores.
Average Open Rate: 34%
Average Click Rate: 8%
List Growth: +11%
View all of our outreach options below
The heart of our communications, our weekly e-newsletter is our go-to resource for indie bookstore information, where you can organically host your content alongside ours.
Ideal for: Content-rich information. Get our attention and link to anywhere.
Open rate: 35%
One photo, 75 words
Two photos, 150 words
Permanent post on our newsfeed
Five photos, 600 words
Blasts & Banners
Our most popular promos for a reason. Easy, convenient, and effective. All graphics can be jpg, png, or gif.
Ideal for: distributing title info, galley requests, call to action, creative assets alert, etc.
Supply an image to blast to our bookseller and industry members.
One click-through, custom subject line
600 W x 800 H
|Social Media Upgrade
Use the same image as your e-blast or create different images specific to each platform.
Website: 326 unique visits, 686 page views weekly
Newsletter: 34% open rate, 5% click rate, 1,500 reach
Bestseller List: 32% open rate, 5% click rate, 1,200 reach
Place a banner ad 1) in our e-newsletter, 2) in our weekly bestseller list, and/or 3) on our website.
600 pW x 125 pH / one click through
|$150 each / $350 for all 3|
|All-Regional Banner Ad
Brought to you by SIBA, MIBA, GLIBA, NEIBA, NAIBA, PNBA, CALIBA, and MPIBA
Get instant national weeklong industry exposure on the homepages of eight regional trade associations.
Two formats required: Horizontal (440 W x 125 H) and Vertical (125 W x 440 H)
For regional promotions, either the author or the content of the book must have a strong tie to the Midwest.
MIDWEST TITLE ALERT • $150
Digital sales rep! Make your forthcoming regional titles available directly to our booksellers. Each season, we feature your galleys of regional interest through a standalone email to our booksellers (300 emails), on our closed bookseller Facebook group, in our weekly e-newsletter, in our weekly BSL (and printable pdf), and on a dedicated webpage. Titles are automatically submitted for Heartland Booksellers Award consideration (a $25 value).
- Supply: Book cover image, link to gallery request form, 50 words of copy
- Run time: January 5, May 1, and September 1
HEARTLAND BOOKSELLERS AWARD • $25
Our annual book awards reflect handselling at its best, as all the books are selected directly by independent booksellers. Finalists are boosted via free custom book stickers to our stores, and the winners are celebrated at our awards ceremony in October at the Heartland Fall Forum. Submit your Midwest titles to be included on the list of potential titles for bookseller nomination.
MIDWEST INDIE BOOKSTORE ROADMAP • 1/2 panel $750; 1/4 panel $550
Your promo includes print AND digital placement. Perfect for specific titles or general awareness of opportunities from publishers, organizations, sidelines vendors, and book festivals.
- Your promo panel (see samples) is featured on the vibrant backside of a full-color 22” x 28” foldable old-school roadmap featuring original illustrations of bookstores in our region on the front and your ads on the back. Distributed to bookstores/customers for free, it features a year-long social media contest to drive customers to bookstores.
- Your promo panel is also featured on our Midwest Indie Bookstore Shopping Guide for 1 month
- Reach: 60,000 distributed
- Support: Consumer-facing promotions and contests
- Run time: Release on Bookstore Day and available until supplies run out
SHOPPING GUIDE BANNER • $250
Reach consumers on the digital side of our Indie Roadmap with a feature in the Midwest Indie Bookstore Shopping Guide. Your banner is featured for one month on our Shopping Guide.
- 150 pxw x 300 pxh, jpg, png, or gif.
- One click-through URL (consumer-facing)
- Support: Consumer-facing promotions and contests
- Run time: Release on Bookstore Day and available throughout the year
JOB BOARD • $75 per post
For our book industry job board, we accept positions of special interest to our independent booksellers. Jobs do not have to be based in the Midwest. Placing a listing here is free for bookstore members to encourage circulation among the book industry. For industry members, posts are $75 for the full duration of the job’s availability.
BOOK BREAK · $300
30 minutes to connect virtually with booksellers. Rep picks, editor buzz, author feature, meet up, or more, this is your time to program as you’d like. Book break promotion includes:
- Feature in our weekly e-newsletter
- Standalone eblasts to booksellers
- Postings to our Facebook bookseller group
- Event follow up feature in newsletter with event recording archived on our website
SPRING PROGRAMS · April/May
Our program for 2022 will be announced before the end of the year.
HEARTLAND FALL FORUM
Our annual trade show is an exciting event packed with opportunities to reach independent booksellers. To see them all in one place visit Heartland's website.