IPG is Hiring - DevOps Engineer
Independent Publishers Group (IPG) is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team. The
DevOps engineer will be involved in various stages of each product's lifespan and should remain abreast
of technological advancements to promote efficiency. The ideal candidate will have the ability to
troubleshoot and resolve difficult problems, explore new technology solutions, implement automation
tools, work independently, and adhere to software development best practices.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborating with coworkers to conceptualize, develop, and release software.
- Conducting quality assurance to ensure that the software meets prescribed guidelines.
- Deploy code updates to QA and production systems. Rolling out fixes and upgrades to software,
- Securing software to prevent security breaches and other vulnerabilities.
- Suggesting alterations to workflow in order to improve efficiency and success.
- Troubleshoot and identify the root cause of system issues with minimal supervision
- Analyze system and application performance to identify problem areas
- Script solution to critical issues and propose long-term development approaches for these
- Perform maintenance on existing systems
- Collaborate with IT administrators on hardware requirements and upgrades
- Document design decisions and infrastructure plan for future collaborative development
- Report on project progress to business executives during regular meetings
- Experience using an array of automation and build tools (Team City, Octopus Deploy).
- Familiarity with software security methods.
- Demonstrated experience using a wide variety of coding languages.
- Experience working in both Windows Server, Linux, and Azure cloud environments - server
administration, including virtual machine management (Hyper-V)
- Demonstratable experience procuring, installing, and monitoring database and application
servers (IIS for APS.NET, SQL Server, Splunk)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze existing software applications
- Excited to take on challenging tasks with a small, highly-motivated and talented scrum team
- Reliable, self-motivated team player with positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team
- Physical abilities. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Travel requirements. Up to one week of travel annually.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com.