IPG is Hiring - Digital Print Associate
The Digital Print Associate assists Independent Publishers Group’s (IPG) complete digital print capabilities across all printing partners and publishing platforms. The role of Digital Print Associate reflects the general template for all IPG’s digital services and is designed to support the needs of all distribution programs including Small Press United, Spanish, Trafalgar Square Publishing, Academic & Professional Publishing, Midpoint and Amphora.
A successful Digital Print Associate works closely with publishers to provide print-ready files to printers
and ensures quality printing and timely distribution of those books around the world. The digital printing
department collaborates with internal staff across all departments and is a high-volume, fast-paced
environment that leads the edge in IPG distribution. This is an entry level role which requires the person
to be able to adapt to a quickly changing industry while maintaining relationships and attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee title submissions and enrollment in IPG’s Digital Printing partners, like Amazon and
- Maintain catalog accuracy and quality at IPG’s Digital Printing partners.
- Communicate closely with publishing partners on file production. Including information on book
templates and spine width, file and data errors, minimum PPI, bleed and best common practices
- Review and process print-ready PDF files and corresponding metadata submitted by publishers
for accuracy, compatibility with printers and preferred program enrollment. These include print
specifications such as trim size, cover finishes, number of 1 to 4-color pages, inserts, color
quality (inkjet or toner), binding and paper stock.
- Work with publisher partners on viability of printing and best program enrollment for optimal
performance per title.
- Provide instructions to publisher partners for using online printing tools such as the per-unit
pricing calculator and digital printing dashboard
- Support the digital printing supply chain for all company divisions.
- Support the printing process from when files are submitted to when it is printed and received.
This includes processing the print-ready files, tracking soft proof approvals, adjusting title
statuses in databases and ordering inventory.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat PDF
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt to changing workflows, track long-term projects and work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Candidate must be able to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. This includes a
dedicated workspace and access to reliable internet.
- Physical Abilities: Must be able to sit for long periods of time in an office environment
- No travel requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com.