IPG is Hiring - Director of Credit & Collections
The Director of Credits and Collections plays a crucial role in ensuring that IPG receives prompt payment for its products, applies payments from key clients, reconciles accounts for accuracy, negotiates settlements, and prepares payment forecast reports to manage cash flow. This hybrid role is also responsible for managing the Credit and Collections department by setting clear expectations for the team and holding everyone accountable for their performance.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Process payments and returns from major customers (e.g., Amazon, Ingram, Barnes & Noble)
- Verify accuracy of statements and accounts through reconciliation
- Resolve any outstanding issues by negotiating settlements with clients
- Ensure prompt payment collections from clients
- Prepare payment forecast reports to help manage cash flow.
- Set objectives for the accounts receivable team and provide guidance and support.
- Create and implement credit and collections policies and procedures that align with your organization's objectives.
- Evaluate and report on key performance metrics such as DSO, accounts receivable aging, negative publisher balances, and bad debt expense.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Sales and Customer Service, to address credit and billing issues regarding Sub-Rights, Bookfair, Print+, pricing and discount issues, etc.
- Keep current with industry trends and best practices in credit and collections.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field.
- Experience in the publishing industry a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in credit and collections, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of credit and collections principles and practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with credit and collections software.
- Familiarity with relevant laws and regulations, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to change based on the needs of the organization.
Apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com.