Little Free Library Is Hiring
Little Free Library is seeking a Senior Director of Advancement to deepen, strengthen, and amplify its fundraising and community engagement programs on a national scale. This new leadership position will establish and implement comprehensive initiatives that advance the organization’s philanthropic support including individual, corporate, and foundation donations; sponsorships and special events; volunteer programs, and data analysis. Little Free Library has a robust earned revenue stream and loyal customer base from its network revenue, as well as solid fundraising achievement. This position will build on and leverage these strengths to provide new strategic leadership in the national expansion of the organization’s fundraising success. This critical new role has the opportunity to be a key driver in the transformational future growth of the entire organization.
The position will report to the Executive Director and will serve as advisor and co-strategist, providing sound counsel and confidentiality. S/he/they will directly supervise the Director of Corporate Partnerships and the Community Engagement Manager, as well as contract grants writers. Little Free Library recently re-located from Hudson, WI, to Saint Paul, Minnesota, in alignment with its strategic growth recommendations.
Little Free Library is looking for a new Senior Director of Advancement who is:
- A high-performance team builder and leader who fosters an organizational environment of collaboration, trust, and creative problem-solving.
- A visionary, persuasive, and articulate communicator with strong written and oral communication skills. Someone comfortable representing the organization in public forums, conferences, special events, and partner activities.
- A respected individual with a “can-do” entrepreneurial leadership style, who is solution-oriented and has a bias for action.
- A proven leader in the utilization and application of data analysis and quantitative metrics using appropriate technology tools.
- Someone who has worked with and has respect for diverse communities and people of all ages, ethnic backgrounds, and socio-economic status.
- A mission-driven individual who brings integrity, passion, a sense of humor, flexibility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to the workplace.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate life experience
- At least five years nonprofit fundraising experience, with demonstrated success in developing, implementing, and evaluating strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Experience with community engagement and volunteer recruitment.
- Experience representing programs and organizations effectively to external stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills including the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Applications, and CRM platforms (Salesforce preferred).
Candidates are encouraged to apply by Friday, September 9th, 2022.
Please submit a letter of introduction and resume to the Cincinnatus online portal at this LINK.
This link can also be found at the Cincinnatus website: https://www.cincinnatus.com/little-free-library.html