Event & Marketing Assistant | Red Balloon Bookshop
Event & Marketing Assistant
St. Paul, MN / Full-time / 30-40 hours per week
Red Balloon Bookshop is looking for a tech-savvy individual who is energized, organized, and creative to join our Marketing and Events team at Red Balloon. This individual will work to promote Red Balloon and our events on our website as well as in our store, be part of our social media team, our storytelling team, and have regular bookselling shifts. Must have a passion for books, love working with people (especially children!) and have the desire to deliver excellent customer service while sharing the love of reading with all ages.
Candidates applying for this position must have the following skills and characteristics:
- A positive and professional attitude
- Enjoy working and having FUN at the same time
- Familiarity with communication technology and social media is a must for this position
- Strong communication skills with customers and staff
- Ability to multitask
- Familiarity with the book industry, especially independent bookstores
- Knowledge of contemporary children’s titles
- Knowledge of Drupal and/or HTML, or a willingness to learn
- An eye for print and online media design is a plus
- Flexibility and desire to work extra shifts when needed
- Available to regularly work a weekend and/ or evening shifts
- Have a valid driver's license and be willing to deliver books to events
- Physically able to stand or move constantly during bookselling shifts
- Physically able to lift 40lb. boxes
This is a year-round position. If you are interested in applying, please email a letter of intent and a resume to Joan at email@example.com or drop off at Red Balloon by Friday, October 1.
Hourly wage is dependent on previous work experience.
Benefits and Perks include: paid time off, employee discounts, a Health Reimbursement Account (QSEHRA) (optional), and Simple IRA plan (optional)
Red Balloon Bookshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Red Balloon Bookshop is a locally-owned independent bookstore that has connected people of all ages with great children’s literature for over 35 years.